Monday, December 21, 2015

Fear - It's Irrational

Like many people who suffer from anxiety, while in the midst of the thing, I have many, many irrational fears. These fears are totally without merit and when not in a state of panic, I know that they are not true. However when you are caught in the tidal wave of panic none of that seems to matter.

Here are some of the crazy thoughts that go through my head when I'm having a panic attack: 

  • I will never be able to leave the house
  • I will never be able to drive again
  • I will never be able to support myself financially (keep a job)
  • I will lose all my friends because no one wants to deal with a crazy person or a Debbie Downer
  • I will not be able to take care of my child
  • I will go crazy
  • My body will overheat and I'll have a stroke
  • It is not safe to be too far from home
  • I will never fly in an airplane again
  • I will never be happy again
  • I will never be able to relax again

No comments: